I have tried, during the holiday sales, to purchase a notebook on the cheap. I was willing to pay up to $350. I decided to try for a Chromebook or Windows notebook.
I have tried two Chromebooks and one Windows notebook with no success.
- Samsung Chromebook Plus - this notebook seemed nice at first, but was slow and features came up short. Using Android apps work very slow, and are not meant for a notebook.
- Asus X541NA - this was a horrible experience. I felt I was back using a Windows ‘98 computer. This notebook was definitely not made to run Windows 10 operating system.
- Samsung Chromebook 3 - Now I know why Best Buy sold this notebook for $119 on Black Friday to clear their inventory. Because this notebook fell very short on my list.
I have come to realize you cannot get a laptop on the cheap and be satisfied. After doing more research I have realized that pricing is as follows:
- $100 to $500 - don’t waste your time
- $500 to $1,000 - borderline usuable
- $1,000 or More - Now we are talking
Now I know why Windows, Google and Apple notebooks all cost over $1,000. They know what works.